- There are approximately 10.3% of children and youth who have been diagnosed with a disruptive disorder (Methodology for Epidemiology of Mental Disorders in Children and Adolescents Study)
- Less than 1% are identified to receive services under the special education classification of Emotionally Disturbed (ED)
- Of youth with mental health issues, less than 30% are identified to receive appropriate mental health services (Great Smoky Mountain Study of Youth; Ontario Child Health Study)
- Behavioral disorders may be co-morbid with another disorder unidentified symptoms of depression/anxiety.
- There many other mental health disorders that are included within the Diagnostic Statistics Manual, Fifth Edition (DSM V) such as depression, schizophrenia, anxiety disorders, etc.