My name is Denise Lazaro. I am doctoral student at Alliant International University, Irvine. I am working towards earning my doctorate in Psychology (PsyD). As part of the process, I have developed A RESOURCE WEBSITE PRIMARILY FOR SPECIAL EDUCATORS AND GENERAL EDUCATORS WHO WORK WITHIN THE INCLUSION PROGRAM. THIS WEBSITE IS DESIGNED TO PROVIDE INFORMATION ON THE DIFFICULT BEHAVIORS THAT MAY BE EXHIBITED WITHIN THE CLASSROOM AND CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES ON HOW TO DECREASE THE PROBLEMATIC BEHAVIORS.
OBJECTIVES of the resource website:
- Provide teachers with information on behavior characteristics and what they may be attributed to.
- Provide Tier II classroom interventions within the RtI 2 framework.
- Provide teachers with handouts, resources, and guides on how to alleviate difficult behaviors within the classroom..
- Provide teachers with information on how to refer students who require more intensive interventions (i.e. Tier III Supports, IEPs, 504s, Behavior Support Plans)
- Provide parents with resources on how to increase family-school relationships